Unpredictability is part and parcel of human life. Though we know not everything is controllable, there are certain measures we could take to prevent disturbing incidents. Feeling safe, is one of the basic human needs, when this isn’t met we end up living life not to the fullest.
Having said that, do you and the ones close to your heart feel safe where you live in? Cast your worries aside with a widespread of home security systems which cater to your need, at this day and age.
Whatever brand you may opt for, these are the main three questions you should be asking yourself for when choosing your home security system:
1. How does the system communicate with its monitoring centre?
2. Is installation done by the company or is it DIY?
3. Does it have the capability to control numerous events in your home beyond basic security that includes turning lights switch on and off, thermostat settings, and others?
Also the following tips are to be considered too, to determine suitability of your choice to your residence
1. Are you planing to relocate within the next 3 years?
Moving programs are not available with every company, therefore know in advance if the transfer will be done for free or at a nominal cost. Go through the details of the company’s contract, so that you won’t be unpleasantly surprised.
2. Are you on rent?
Consider opting for a wireless system which you could install by yourself, since it is hassle free, in case it requires that you take it to another location.
However, if you are in your own house you pretty much have the freedom to choose what you like. A landline structure with a ‘cell uplink backup’, covering all eventualities offers total protection.
3. Do you want to access information via mobile?
Total control could be achieved by having mobile access. This allows you to do the following from wherever you are:
- Disarm and arm your structure
- Unlock and lock entrances
- Observe floods and water sensors
- Receive security notification
- Know which windows, frames and doors are open
- Access the past record of your system’s events
- Get real-time alerts
- View videos through security cameras
- Change lights and thermostat settings
- Set routine alerts
4. Is security camera a necessity?
The benefit of having security camera is far beyond catching a burglar red-handed. This comes handy from observing kids in other rooms to keeping a close eye on the baby sitter while you are away. However choose, depending on your budget if you are keen on it.
However, doing your online research will make you familiar with certain terminology, before you speak to a company representative.